Saturday 4 May 2013

The Right College? II


As mentioned, I have been accepted to undertake a PGCE course at The Faculty of Education in Cambridge.  I also had to apply to a college and naturally picked my old alma mater, Girton, four miles from the Faculty of Education.

However, I have discovered if I am lucky enough to get a parking space at all, it will be my college which allocates it to me.   

Jenny suggested that I might like to drive an hour and a quarter through the rush hour to a hostel which Girton owns then cycle the remaining two miles. 

To which I reply, “What kind of friend are you, Jenny?”

Dan thought I might be able to drive from home to the next town, park there, then take the (very) leisurely train ride to Cambridge, then walk. 

Dan, henceforth you are a stranger to me.

Instead, I Google Homerton College, well-known for its links with the Faculty of Education.  Although I have arrived here with a specific query about car-parking, their website convinces me that Homerton is where I should have applied to in the first place.  They are impressively geared-up to support PGCE students.

Just how difficult is it going to be to swap colleges?

 





“How could Sarah have vanished so completely?”

Drolls and Weirds, a romantic historical mystery of Cornwall will soon be available via this website.

2 comments:

  1. I believe Pascoe may have a bike you could borrow - far more exciting than the Park and Ride

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my defence, I did say 'if the faculty is near the station', which it sort of is, and I have been to Cambridge on the train several times (having driven to the station). It seemed to take a long time even by car.

    Perhaps I can redeem myself by suggesting you barter your time for a parking space with one of the two sixth form colleges on Hills Road? You need to do teaching practice during the course anyway right?

    ReplyDelete