Saturday 21 April 2018

Cherry Blossom Against a Blue Sky


Teachers get a fortnight off at Easter and I was both lucky and unlucky enough to spend only a day of it at home.  
We took a family holiday in Cornwall, then I stayed on with my parents.  Then, because it fitted in with Nigel’s work commitments, Amsterdam.  Tiring but brilliant.

My question of holidays is always “What can you teach my every day life?”
Because, in the words of Franz Ferdinand, “It’s always better on holiday.”

This time what I noticed was my relationship with my camera.  On holiday, sights seem more significant.  The thought that I might never be in that place again gives everything I see a uniqueness that has to be captured.  I was constantly snapping away.

Actually, for most of my Easter break, both in Cornwall and Amsterdam, the weather was grey and often wet. 
The sun reserved its transformative glory for when we got back.

But when we got back, I was busy catching up with work. 

Then I trundled my shopping bag on wheels down to the Co-op for essentials.  I looked up and saw young green plane leaves mingling with cherry blossom against the bluest sky.  I hadn’t seen anything more beautiful than that in Amsterdam or Cornwall.  The place where I live is also unique. 
And I stopped and took a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment